Sunday 21 January 2007

Short post; cat out of bag.

In the nearly two months I've been doing this daily blog, only one post attracted zero comments. Regular commenter Nathalie has just gone back and unblemished it.
"Looking back on this post, I think you might also enjoy this little creature and the site it came from."
My original post was about sculptor Christopher Trotter and his scrap metal constructions which appealed to me for his sense of humour, much like the links above. There are a couple more of his works here (the kangaroos, about a dozen items from top; they're in the middle of a busy city sidewalk) and here.
* * * *

Since I'm running late today and only have time for a short post, here's a piece of news. The book which I am currently working on is now 41 pages to the good, in full painted colour. If the schedule is met, it will be out in mid 2008 from First Second Books. It's title :
The Amazing Remarkable Mr. Leotard.
I'd tell you more about it but I've already gone so far astray from the original pitch that I don't want to worry my editor.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger spacedlaw said...

Glad to be of help in keeping standards - and that you liked the little critters.
Nathalie

21 January 2007 at 06:17:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cat out of bag

..and what a great one it is! Thanks!

I've honestly been on a daily dose of your blog, but I've got to stop tomorrow: my computer's being packed and shipped (we're moving overseas).

I hope you still keep this place going when I finally get a decent Internet connection there, Mr. C!

21 January 2007 at 06:42:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

Thanks, Nathalie,

Tita,
Where are you headed? You're in the Philppines now, yes?
bon voyage and all that!

best
Eddie

21 January 2007 at 06:48:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Tita Larasati said...

I'm in Amsterdam now, moving to Bandung, Indonesia. Thanks!

21 January 2007 at 07:25:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! I read about the Amazing, Remarkable Mr Leotard in The Lifted Brow, but I thought for a second you were winding the interviewer up because I hadn't heard about it here. Obv., you're far too nice to wind up interviewers and you were just giving him a bit of a scoop.

21 January 2007 at 20:37:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Christopher Moonlight said...

I remember you telling me about Leotard in San Diego. It was so off the wall, that I thought only you could pull it off. It's not what you do that makes in interesting, it's that it is you that is doing it. I know. I know, I said I wouldn't post, but I reserve the right to change my mind at any time. By the way, did you figure out how to post your profile photo yet?

21 January 2007 at 23:44:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

Jody
ah! the Lifted Brow is out!
must find


Christopher,
(who once took me to dinner. I arrived early but presumed he'd booked the table under his regular everyday name instead of Moonlight... we were 45 minutes in separate parts of the restaurant)
no I still haven't figured it out. tried earlier today.

Eddie

22 January 2007 at 04:32:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Brit said...

Well this is as good an opportunity as any to say hello.

I'll look forward to your new book. I'm currently working my way through your Bacchus books (just finished Vol 9 - "King Bacchus" last night) and am enjoying them immensely. I came across them at random, and that's really not an exaggeration. It very much was along the lines of "Stand in front of a section of graphic novels at my local comic store with a blindfold on and point". Not exactly like that, but a similar methodology. So God played dice and made me an Eddie Campbell fan.

Luckily they had all 10 volumes, so after I read "Banged Up" I plan to pick up "Fate of the Artist". And I'll keep an eye out for your next one, as I said. Cheers!

Brit

22 January 2007 at 17:07:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

Brit,
hey, you struck lucky. nobody else can find all nine books in one place (ten volumes, nine books... oh, let's not get into that, okay?).
2,4 and 9 are out of print and I think we only have a few bent copies of 5.
a big collection somtime in the future... who knows.?
thanks for enjoying. we had lots of fun making thse books.
Eddie

22 January 2007 at 17:20:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home