Monday 3 March 2008

My pal mr j sent me to check out this blog, which appears to be new,The Bad Cartoonist, in which the anonymous blogger rubbishes editorial cartoons. Here he goes to some trouble to show that Ken Catalino just copies Obama's face in photoshop over several days. I'm not sure why he thought it was a good idea to go to a lot of trouble just to show that the cartoonist didn't.


Alan Gardner interviews the anonymous blogger

A: Naturally, many cartoonists are going to be angry or resentful at your site or purpose. What do you say to them?
BC: I don’t know that too many will be that upset. They get worse in their inboxes everyday. If they do get upset then they might be in the wrong profession. It might be telling to see who gets upset about the things I say. You know your hitting the right spots when someone gets angry.
A: Why the anonymity?
BC: I wish I had a really good answer for this but, I don’t. It all boils down to the fact that there are things I want to say that piss people off and I would rather be able to say them without people knowing who I am. Political cartoonists are generally a kind lot - except for Paul Conrad, he’s a bona fide prick - and many of them are my friends. I’d like it to stay that way- except for the Conrad thing. We’ve all been waiting years for him to keel over.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, well snarky blogs can prove popular so maybe that's why he is going to the effort.
Personally I prefer The Comics Curmudgeon. myself.

Tonia

3 March 2008 at 22:26:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Calliope said...

He was probably bored stiff. Or has a low irkness-threshold 'for people who can draw but are too lazy'. :)

ladiedah..

Calliope

6 March 2008 at 04:48:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home