Monday 8 December 2008

the Spirit: The New Adventures Archives (Hardcover)
These stories have been out of print for a decade. I see Dark Horse now have them and they're lined up for a May 15 release in a single 200 page book:
In 1997, almost six decades after the character's first appearance in 1940, legendary artist and writer Will Eisner gave permission for a new series of stories to be commissioned featuring his signature creation, resurrected detective Denny Colt, also known as the Spirit, written and drawn by the most famous names in the comics industry. The call went out, and the response was nothing short of remarkable, with contributions from such creators as Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons (in one of their rare collaborations since Watchmen), Neil Gaiman (The Sandman), Paul Chadwick (Concrete), Eddie Campbell (From Hell), amongst others. In these pages you'll find new tales of Central City's protector versus familiar villains such as the Octopus and Sand Saref; witness his undying love for Ellen Dolan, daughter of Commissioner Dolan, the only man to know his secret identity; and glimpse what might be the Spirit's fate in an uncertain future.
Moore and Gibbons gave us three interconnected stories that are quite brilliant, and I have two stories in there, one of them a ten pager in collaboration with Neil Gaiman. Watch for it! I wonder if they've fixed our colour boob in my other story. (we made the Spirit green. it looked blue on my monitor.)

[Spirit-NewAdventures203.jpg]
Hey! One thing that has always defeated me with regard to Blogger, is how to control the size of images on the page. I think I just accidentally figured it out.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger spacedlaw said...

Found out how blogger magic works? That is an achievment. It has its own secret rules and handshakes, that thing...

8 December 2008 at 02:11:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Michael Leader said...

That is great news! Been curious about these stories since I first read about them.

In fact, I sent in a question to Mr Gaiman's blog just last week about them.

Spooky.

Mike

8 December 2008 at 04:13:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Richard said...

Ah, but how did you manage to control the image size?

I must admit I just gave up after a while and when I really need the image to display well I just use my flickr account to embed.

So, go on, Mr Campbell - tell us how!

cheers
Richard

8 December 2008 at 08:48:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

when you click on an image it opens up in its own window. use the url from that instead of the one that automatically comes up in your composition box when you upload it.

8 December 2008 at 18:31:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Eddie Campbell said...

you will notice therefore that you cannot click on the Spirit page I posted in order to get a larger view. It's on the page at its largest size.

8 December 2008 at 18:32:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is really good..i dunno., im a frustrated artist and i really want to create art like yours... nice job...

9 December 2008 at 09:05:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home