Wednesday 4 March 2009

this piece in The Onion made me larf



Lovecraftian School Board Member Wants Madness Added To Curriculum
"West's previous failed proposals include requiring the high school band to perform the tuneless flute songs of the blind idiot god Azathoth and offering art students instruction in the carving of morbid and obscene fetishes from otherworldly media.
Several parents attending the meeting were not impressed by West's outburst.
"Last month, he wanted us to change the high school's motto from 'Many Kinds of Excellence' to 'Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn,'" PTA member Cathy Perry said.
"We already changed the name of the school from Abraham Lincoln High to Nyalrothotep Academy," Perry added. "What more does he want?"
(link via wee hayley campbell)
It's always good fun to put Lovecraft into a regular social setting. Reminded me of this piece Mick Evans and I composed for the inside back cover of Bacchus #58:


"We'd all been looking forward to the Earth being thrown into the howling void, said Michael Evans, public relations officer and Magister of the Dark Grail... Eddie Campbell felt particularly embarrassed that Yog-Sothoth, The Eater of Souls, had not put in an appearance."
That's the wife of my bosom behind the comatose Don Juan at bottom right.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger spacedlaw said...

May I interest you in a little piece of Lovecraftian musical nonsense?

4 March 2009 at 02:44:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Nino said...

Hi Eddie:
As always, a great fun. (that's what all my flames say before I never heard of then again)
I´n not going to tell you a lie, I´m not very keen on Lovecraft... well, in fact I´m not very keen on reading. So, here comes my question:
Do you know if there is a kinf of diggest audiobook red by that cure for blindness called Megan Fox, where I can find any of the stories written by... how was the name? Oh, yes, 'Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Well, back to The Enquirer I go.

Saludos a Ana

4 March 2009 at 10:57:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a group in Christchurch New Zealand (called KAOS) who dabbled in Cthulhuism.

Here is a video of them attempting to raise Yog Soggoth. (begins around 3.53)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHlXnwm36Tc&feature=related

28 March 2009 at 20:12:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home